PADI Rescue Diver Course
PADI Rescue Diver Course AND PADI Emergency First Response Course
To sign up for a PADI Rescue Diver Course, you must:
Who should take this course?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding scuba course they’ve ever taken. With Rowand’s Reef you will learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
With your Rowand’s Reef instructor, you will learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Conducting Rescue skills and exercises in Vancouver waters adds additional challenges, yet will make you a much more experienced diver because of it. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of enjoyment in between the focused learning.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Your Course Includes:
- PADI Rescue Diver Text
- PADI Rescue Diver Slate
- Knowledge Development: Classroom Session
- Skill Development and Practice: Pool Session
- 1 Day of Open Water Skill Practice
- Use of Regulator, BCD, Tanks, Weights, Hood, Drysuit or Wetsuit
- PADI Rescue Diver Certification Card
Required Equipment (Not included in Course):
- Personal Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots & Gloves) - available to rent
- Dive Knife
- Pocket Mask
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Dive Computer - available to rent