PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course
To sign up for a PADI Wreck Diver Course, you must:
Who should take this course?
British Columbia has many wrecks to explore! The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course is popular because it provides the perfect opportunity for new exciting underwater adventures. Rowand’s Reef will teach you how to observe responsible wreck diving practices to allow you to safely dive all kinds of wrecks. Our experienced Instructors will take you diving on BC’s newest wreck addition: the HMCS Annapolis. As a purpose-sunk wreck to form an artificial reef, she makes an amazing place to train and become a PADI Wreck Diver
Wrecks are a fascinating window into the past. The usually team with aquatic life! Each wreck dive offers a chance of discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spotting something others may have missed...
What will you Learn:
The PADI Wreck Diver Course consists of a Classroom Session where you will review guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. Then during 4 training dives on wrecks in British Columbia with your Rowand’s Reef Instructor you’ll learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks
- Surveying and mapping a wreck
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training with Rowand’s Reef will teach you how to respect and preserve wrecks while still getting the most enjoyment out of exploring them.
Your Course Includes:
- PADI Wreck Diver Manual
- PADI Wreck Diver Slates
- Knowledge Review & Development: Classroom Session
- 2 Open Water Training Dives (from Shore)
- 2 Open Water Training Dives on the HMCS Annapolis (from boat)
- Use of Regulator, BCD, Tanks, Weights, Hood, Dry Suit or Wetsuit
- PADI Wreck Diver Certification Card
Required Equipment (Not included in Course):
- Personal Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots & Gloves) - available to rent
- Dive Light
- Underwater Slate
- Underwater Compass
- Reel & Line
- Dive Computer - available to rent
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)