PADI Dry Suit Diver Specialty Course
To sign up for a PADI Dry Suit Diver Course, you must:
Who should take this course?
The British Columbia waters are packed with life, but they can be a bit chilly! If you want to be warm and comfortable when scuba diving here in Vancouver, Rowand’s Reef will teach you how to use and scuba dive with a Dry Suit. With the PADI Dry Suit Diver Course, our experienced Instructors will give you the knowledge on how to put on, maintain, and use a dry suit safely and get the most out of cold water diving in BC
What will you learn?
The PADI Dry Suit Diver Specialty Course begins with a classroom session and pool orientation where your Rowand’s Reef Instructor will give you the knowledge and skills to dive with a dry suit. The skills you learn from these sessions will be put into practice in the Open Water session where you will complete 2 training dives in the British Columbia waters.
Your Rowand’s Reef Instructor will teach you:
- How to put on and take off your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- How to control your buoyancy using your dry suit
- How to inflate and exhaust effectively
- How to maintain and care for your dry suit
- Dive safety procedures when using a dry suit
- Correct dry suit Thermal Layering
A Dry Suit keeps you dry and warm in cold waters. There is incredible diving in the world’s cooler regions and in some areas, such as British Columbia, conditions are even better in colder months. Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, all year round.
Rowand’s Reef are an Aqua Lung Fusion Plus Centre, meaning we carry the Fusion Line of Dry Suits. One of the most popular Diving Dry Suits in the Pacific Northwest, you will learn about the benefits and get the opportunity to dive a Fusion Dry Suit during the course.
Your Course Includes:
- PADI Dry Suit Diver Manual
- Knowledge Development: Classroom Session
- 1 Hour Pool Orientation Session
- 2-Dive Open Water Session
- Use of Dry Suit, Regulator, BCD, Tanks, Weights, Hood
- Personal Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots & Gloves)
- PADI Dry Suit Diver Certification Card
- Drysuit Thermal Undergarment
Dive Computer - available to rent