PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences
That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about! With Rowand’s Reef you will advance your scuba training and become a better scuba diver. Our experienced Instructors will take you through 5 different Adventure Dives here in beautiful British Columbia, and you will discover new ways to enjoy scuba diving! By exploring the different PADI Specialty Courses, you will build confidence in the water and expand your scuba skills!
What will you learn?
You can start the PADI Advanced Course right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver Certification. With your Rowand’s Reef Instructor, you’ll plan your learning path by exploring the long list of Adventure Dives. Over a weekend, Rowand's Reef will take you out to Howe Sound make the most of the incredible diving here in Vancouver!
There are 2 required dives - Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation - and you get to choose the other 3 for a total of 5 Training Dives.
- Deep Dive - explore the depths and the wonders it beholds! You will learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving.
- Underwater Navigation Dive - refine your compass navigation skills and learn to use kick-cycles, visual landmarks, and time to easily navigate yourself on any dive.
Our other most popular Adventure Dives here in British Columbia are:
- Wreck Dive - discover a window into the past and prepare for some fun underwater exploration! While learning about responsible wreck diving practices you will enjoy the incredible wrecks located here in British Columbia. With Rowand’s Reef there is the opportunity to experience the incredible HMCS Annapolis Wreck, a new Artificial Reef located in Howe Sound.
- Night Dive - do you ever wonder what happens underwater after the sun goes down? All the incredible life comes out to play! Here in British Columbia we get Octopus, Seals, Shrimp, Crabs and lots more! You will learn the basics in how to dive at Night including how to use a torch and how to navigate in the dark.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy - excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You will learn how to improve your Buoyancy skills and elevate them to the next level.
- Dry Suit Dive - if you find the Canadian waters a bit chilly, you should try a Dry Suit. Allowing you to stay dry and warm when diving, you can explore the beautiful Vancouver waters in comfort, whilst learning about new buoyancy techniques when diving in a dry suit.
Before making each Adventure dive you will complete a Knowledge Development Review with your Rowand’s Reef Instructor. You will be briefed on various skills that you will be required to complete on each training dive, before getting in the water and experiencing each new adventure under the direct supervision of your Instructor.
Your Course Includes:
- PADI Adventures in Diving Text
- PADI Adventures in Diving Slate
- Knowledge Review & Development Session
- 5 Open Water Dives
- Use of Regulator, BCD, Tanks, Weights, Hood, Dry Suit or Wetsuit
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification Card
Required Equipment (Not included in Course):
- Personal Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots & Gloves) - available to rent
- Primary Dive Light
- Dive Knife
- Underwater Slate
- Tank Marker Light
- Underwater Timer
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Dive Computer - available to rent